If you are ever threatened by a caller that has your personal information, you may want to take steps to help you detect and defend against identity theft. The Federal Trade Commission website has a complete online guide to identifying and dealing with identity theft.
The FTC’s website can be accessed using the following link:
Here are some other useful links:
- FDCPA: http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/fair-debt-collection-practices-act
- FCRA: http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/031224fcra.pdf
- DBA International: http://www.dbainternational.org/consumer-resources/
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: http://www.consumerfinance.gov
- Consumer Credit Counseling Agencies: http://www.aiccca.org
These links are subject to change at any time. Resurgent Capital Services does not endorse any of the products, businesses or entities at these sites. The links are provided for informational purposes only.